Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New to me - this week's books

On my way to the BookCrossing meetup last night, I dropped by a used book store... surprise!

At Renaissance Books in New Westminster, BC, I found - mostly mysteries:

Surfeit of Lampreys by Ngaio Marsh
Nemesis by Jo Nesb
ø
The Art of Murder by Jos
é Carlos Somoza
The Summer Snow by Rebecca Pawel

and these - both history:

One Gal's Army by Sue Ward
She was in the Canadian Women's Army Corps in WW II.

The Last Great Sea: A Voyage through the Human and Natural History of the North Pacific Ocean by Terry Glavin

And at Seconds! the Burnaby/New Westminster BookCrossing Meetup, held at Waves on Columbia Street in New Westminster, I picked up:

Little Brother by Cory Doctorow

I know Little Brother is on-line free, but let's face it, I still do prefer to hold a book in my hands. (Although again last night we BookCrossers were looking at e-readers. I still like the Kobo the best, available at Chapters/Indigo/Coles.)

Looking forward to reading all my 'new to me' books soon. I've already started the Ngaio Marsh mystery. This is one it seems I never read.

No comments:

Post a Comment