Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Books as Presents

So far, for seasonal presents, I've bought only two new books - if you don't count the ones I've got for myself (and I don't).

The first was Charlotte Gray's Gold Diggers: Striking it Rich in the Klondike (HarperCollins Canada, 2010). There was a nice review in the Yukon News by Michael Gates, 24 September 2010, or pick up a copy of the latest Canada's History magazine, Dec 2010-Jan 2010. (Yes, that's the one previously known as The Beaver. It's on newstands now.) I always enjoy Charlotte Gray's writing; I'm sure my friend will too.

The other was Half Brother by Kenneth Oppel, about a young boy who learns to live with, and care about, a baby chimp as his 'brother'. (Harper Collins Publishers Ltd., 2010). From 15 December, 2010 here's an interview at the author's blog, reprinted from A Foodie Bibliophile in Wanderlust. I hope the young man who'd getting this book will enjoy it as I did, although his perspective on it will likely be a lot different than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment