Monday, October 18, 2010

Gurjinder Basran at Guildford Black Bond Books - Oct 23 2010

I was in one of those big bookstores today - looking for just one copy of a book I want. The website said it was there - in Bargain Books. Alas, the bargain books were all in a heap; no way could we find it. Perhaps a new marketing ploy...but I didn't pick any others out of the pile either.

I do like the people at the local chain bookstore, but independent bookstores are the very best!

My favourite in the Lower Mainland for new books is Black Bond Books and I just noticed that Gurjinder Basran, author of the new Everything Was Goodbye, winner of the 2010 Search for the Great BC Novel Contest, will be at the Guildford Mall Black Bond store on Saturday, October 23 at 1 pm. Worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment